HDDLife Pro can now read the signs given by SSD disks, allowing you to move your data long before the lifespan of your SSD comes to an end. SSD’s store your data using an entirely different approach compared to traditional hard drives. As a result, they give different signs and warnings about the possibility of a near failure. With flash cells comprising these disks having a limited life cycle, SSD’s allow only a limited number of writes before the drive fails. Even with level wearing and all the extra safety features provided by today’s smart SSD controllers, it’s still a good idea to know what’s going on inside, how much of your drive’s rated lifespan is used, and how much is still available.
Modern hard drives are much more reliable than the disks of yesterday. However, they still are extremely complex electronic devices with moving parts that are subject to amortization. The high density of data storage provided by the modern disks allows for greater storage capacities and higher access speeds. However, with densities and capacities pushed to the extreme you have much more to lose should the drive fail. The hard drive is the most important component in your entire PC because it holds all that is of real value: your documents, digital pictures, email messages, your work and private data. HDDLife Pro can now read the signs given by SSD disks, allowing you to move your data long before the lifespan of your SSD comes to an end.
HDDlife Pro Features:
- Control the health of your hard drives with the S.M.A.R.T. technology and warn you about potential problems the moment they start developing
- Monitor all your hard drives in the background – all the time!
- Support external USB disks.
- Display the drive’s health, temperature, resources and free space.
- Display hard disk activities in the system tray, Windows Vista Sidebar and Google Desktop.
Note: HDDlife Pro is a commercial program with a full-featured trial period of 14 days.