Media Player Classic Home Cinema is a light-weight media player for Windows. It looks just like Windows but has many additional features. You can use the player as a Media Player Classic Home Theater.
It has built-in codecs for MPEG-2 video and codecs for LPCM, MP2, AC3 and DTS audio, and also contains an improved MPEG splitter that supports playback of VCDs and SVCDs using its VCD, SVCD, or XCD Reader. An AAC decoding filter makes MPC suitable for AAC playback in MP4.
Media Player Classic Home Cinema Features:
- Option to remove Tearing.
- Better support for Windows Vista, including a release for 64 bits platform.
- Support for EVR (Enhanced Video Renderer)
- Supports Subtitles.
- Playback and recording of television if a supported TV tuner is installed.
- Creation of minidump when MPC HC crashes.
- OSD (On Screen Display)
- Shuttle PN31 remote control support
- Support Multi-Monitor configuration
- Pixel shader to convert BT601 – BT701
- YV12 Chroma Upsampling pixel shader
- Language Translations.
- All features from the Guliverkli MPC Project from Gabest.
- Remote control for Android devices.
Note: As of July 2006, Media Player Classic is no longer developed. Its feature-identical successor is Media Player Classic – Home Cinema.