Noise is a serious problem that hinders high-quality digital photo processing. In digital photography, even the latest consumer and prosumer level cameras produce photos with an easily noticeable noise component. This component is especially strong in photos taken at high ISO/ASA rates.
The noise reduces the visual quality of digital photos and resulting printouts. Some photo processing operations, like sharpening, make quality of noisy photos even worse.
Neat photo is a program that reduces visible noise in digital photographic images. This is a digital filter application specially designed to efficiently reduce visible noise in digital photographic images.
Neat photo detects, analyzes and removes photo noise. The filtration quality is higher than that of other programs because Neat photo takes into account specific characteristics of particular photo acquisition devices, making the filtration more accurate. You can train the program to adapt to almost any input tool (digital camera, scanner, etc.).
Access to the rich set of filter settings permit you to easily achieve desired level of noise reduction. In addition to noise filtration, Neat photo can make photos look sharper. This is done without any degradation of photo quality (which is usually inevitable with noisy images). The combination of the sharpening and noise filter makes such an effect possible.
– Advanced Noise Filter to reduce noise and grain in digital images
– Neat Image incorporates the most advanced noise reduction algorithms in the industry that surpass the quality of all classic noise reduction methods and even that of the wavelet-based methods. Although the wavelet-based methods were developed only 10-15 years ago and still considered relatively modern, Neat Image uses an even newer and more efficient approach to noise reduction. This approach enables drawing a more clear distinction between noise and details in noisy images. This helps Neat Image reduce more noise and better preserve true image details in digital photos and scans.
– Complete control over the noise filter to achieve desired level of noise reduction
– Neat Image provides direct access to virtually all important noise filter settings. For every channel component and spatial frequency component of input image, you can adjust the noise level estimation and specify how much of the detected noise must be removed. Default filter settings work very well and if you want to tweak filter then the complete control is under your tips.
– Smart Sharpening Filter to make images look sharper without amplification of noise
– Neat Image includes an intelligent sharpening filter. Working together with the noise filter, the sharpening filter makes the image look sharper without any degradation of image quality (which is usually inevitable with noisy images). Neat Image sharpening has a halo-free mode.
– 16-bit image support to fully utilize capabilities of modern image acquisition devices
– The professional editions of Neat Image fully support 48-bit RGB and 16-bit grayscale images. This capability complements the recent advances in both hardware and software technologies (for example, Photoshop CS2 / CS) used in professional digital imaging.
– Photoshop plug-in and standalone application
– Photoshop-compatible plug-in to integrate Neat Image noise reduction in Photoshop-based workflow
– Using Neat Image plugin in the convenient environment of Photoshop (or Photoshop Elements, or another compatible editor) you can apply noise reduction exactly where it is required: in a layer, channel or selection. Using Photoshop selection tools, you can apply noise reduction with different strength to different parts of the image. You can use Neat Image plug-in as a smart filter in Photoshop CS3.